2009년 9월 30일 수요일

A free day

My husband, Jack, went on a two-day business trip to Japan alone. I had a serious case of indigestion and was afraid of the loneliness at night. At first, I worried about how I would spend my days. But to my surprise, I felt freedom!

I normally have to think about what to eat for dinner everyday and it is not easy especially because Jack doesn't like what I like nor does he like to eat what normal Korean people eat such as bean-curd soup, Kimchi, grilled fish, etc. He likes chicken(he is crazy about fried chicken!), pork cutlet, Korean barbeque, hamburger, steak and things that are crispy. On the other hand, I like Namul(cooked vegetables usually in Bibimpbob), Korean soup, tofu, fish and things that are soft. So I have difficulty deciding what to eat for every evening. On top of that, I am worried his health, especially his high cholesterol level, because his diet mainly consists of meat. These are the kind of things that give me a headache every evening!

But yesterday, I was free! I didn't need to think about what to eat and there was no need to cook for someone. So I went to my mom's house and my mom set the table for me and cooked porridge and various soft vegetable side dishes to help my sick stomach. Normally I wash the dishes but yesterday, she did all the dishes including my lunch-box and took care of me. As I was leaving, my mom packed me more porridge and side dishes for the next day.

I was totally free from my housework, plus I was taken care of by my mom. It was a wonderful feeling! How nice it is! I realize now how important and how thankful I am to have my mom. Only my mom can give me these feelings of security, reliability and warmth. Nobody else.

By the way, Jack is coming back tonight, So I am free until tonight. I will go to my mom's place again to enjoy my last free night! Mom, I love you!

P.S) Certainly, I miss Jack too :) Maybe he will understand my freedom.

댓글 3개:

  1. Hi Jin! I can totally understand what you mean. Whenever I make dinner, I always have to think about what Jojo likes (our taste is not very different but it seems these days he has become extra picky about what food he wants to eat!). It's great that you can go home to your mom and get taken care of! I miss my mom too - most especially the home cooked food she makes =)

    BTW, it's the same with Jack and Jojo - Jojo also had really high cholesterol (he is also a big meat eater). We did change our eating habits now since Jojo turned 40 and I was worried about his health! =) I think Jack and Jojo are quite similar - maybe they should meet up one of these days!

    답글삭제
  2. Hi Joanne!My daily dinner problem started again.:)Yesterday I cooked bulgogi(meat again!).But it is easy way to cook without thinking too much.So I served it with lots of vegetables.
    Yes,it will be great to meet all together!
    Someday....

    답글삭제
  3. After my mom left last month to Guam, I'm back to my old routine of cooking and cleaning.. but the biggest change is that I can't sack my lunch anymore.. (don't have time in the morning to do that). '_' I miss my mom, too.

    답글삭제